The password on the iPhone and iPad is used as one of the authentication methods to unlock the device. Most often, we enter it when an unsuccessful attempt to Face ID or Touch ID. The password is set by the vast majority of users, but not everyone knows that it can be changed.
You can change the password at any time. You can set a 4-digit password, use a longer and more reliable password, or even add letters to it. Below we describe how to change the password on the iPhone and iPad.
How to change the password in iPhone 11, XS, XR, X:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Select the Face ID section and passcode or Touch ID and passcode.
3. Enter your current password.
4. Scroll down and select Change passcode.
5. Enter your old password again.
6. Now enter the new password or click Password Code Settings and select one of the options:
7. Arbitrary code (letters + numbers).
8. Arbitrary code (numbers).
9. Code of 4 digits.
10. Confirm the new password, that save it in the system
A new password will be set, and you will need to use it already to unlock the device or in case the Touch ID or Face ID does not work. The password can be used instead of Touch ID and Face ID even on new models of iPhone and iPad.